Use tools and techniques dating as far back as the 1800’s while building a box out of wood equally as old. Through this introductory project based class, you will learn skills that can be transferred to a variety of other projects in your creative and daily life.The class covers wood choice, hand tool instruction and practice.. By the end of each workshop, you’ll end up with a beautiful and lasting reclaimed wood object with a story attached.
24 hour minimum notice for full refund
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Hand plane
- Hand saw
- Measuring + Marking Tools
- Sanding + Finishing
- Douglas fir from Worcestershire sauce tanks
- Oak barnwood
- Coney Island Boardwalk
- Longleaf pine
- Antique Eastern white pine
- Pickle tank redwood
- Elm barnwood
- Wormy chestnut (Don’t worry – the worms are long gone!)
MEET THE MAKER
- Stan Abramov is based in New York City, dividing much of his time between work as a network engineer and producing a range of stunning objects with hand tools from a studio within his NYC apartment.
- Alan Solomon is a partner at Sawkill Lumber and a co-author of Reclaimed Wood: A Field Guide. Sawkill Lumber was established in 2008 to recover lumber and history from deconstructed buildings in the NYC area.